Thursday, August 30, 2018

Great Way to Start the Day

I started today by playing my favorite past time, pickleball.  We played for several hours and it was great competition.  I am a pretty competitive person and this gets my juices flowing.  Basketball did the same for me but after playing I would ache for a week.  I am coming up on 40 years old so apparently my body doesn't want to recover the same way it used to.  I am still pretty sexy which offsets everything else. 🌝

I also got, what I consider, some great news from the doctor (good news hasn't really come from doctors too often recently).  We had an appointment scheduled for 4:00 this afternoon to review the results from the CT scan.  The doctor called when I was done playing pickleball and said that there was not any growth in the lesions from the last scan on July 12th.  They were still there but not growing too fast anyway.  We talked about next steps and discussed what we should do.  I talked to him about the study at USC and the possibilities of that study and we both agreed that if I could get on that one it would be in my best interest.  I have reached out to the team at USC to start that conversation and figure out the next steps. 

College football starts tonight and it should be a fun season.  I'll be cheering loud for my team as I hope you do the same for yours.  This should be a great year!  Thanks again for all the support, we appreciate it and know that it strengthens me, my wife and kids daily.  Glad we are not on this journey alone.

#cancersucks #fightlikehell

1 comment:

  1. Yes!!!! Go utes!!! P.s. love this blog! We are praying and fasting for you, your family and doctors!!! #cancersucks

    ReplyDelete