Saturday, January 19, 2019

Rough Week

So this last Saturday I started having some pretty good pains where I had the biopsy done.  My brother in law prescribed me some Tramadol to try and help me get the pain under control but it didn't numb the pain to the point I was comfortable.  So I ended up going to Huntsmans version of an instacare called the Acute Care Clinic.  While at the ACC they drew blood and did a CT scan.  Neither of which showed anything changing much. The doctor felt that the pain was due to the tumor pushing on the outer wall of the liver.  She wanted to give me oxycodone but I said I preferred something different so we went with hydrocodone which still helps the pain.  All this went down on Monday.  It is now Saturday and a lot of the pain has subsided and I am only taking Tylenol occasionally which is also a good thing.

Also this week I got the results from my biopsy at USC.  Dr. In thought it was something called PNET Sarcoma.  This would mean a completely different treatment then what we have been doing.  Dr. Voorhies said he would be surprised if that is the case because they tested for sarcoma and it tested negative for it.  So at this point we have postponed the next step of treatment  until they figure out what it is.  They are doing some more testing on the tissue to see if they can agreee on something.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Josh, what a battle this is for you! Your name is in the temple and we will continue to pray. Keep fighting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, we hate to hear you going through all that. I hope they get you figured out soon. Keep up the fight, we're praying for you, your family and the doctors as well.

    ReplyDelete