Saturday, January 2, 2021

2nd Chemo Treatment w/good news

 I kind of left you with bad news on the last post and it didn't sound good after the first chemo, which was 100% true.  The thing I didn't discuss from my last post as well is that it had already been 3 weeks since that first treatment.  To this date I have now had a total of three treatments.  

After our discussion with the doctor after that first treatment our nurse stayed with us and was an angel on Earth.  She reminded us that there is a much greater power that we have to rely on.  That it was up to Him and to continue to have hope.  She said she has seen miracles and to never give up Faith.  Her words were exactly what we needed to hear in that moment. The Lord has his hand in everything.  He answers our prayers through those around us and in these small tender moments.

We went into the second treatment not knowing what to expect. After the second treatment I had some scans on the abdomen and they showed promising results.  We talked to Dr. Grossman, my oncologist, and he was very happy with what he was seeing.  Blood work numbers came back much better than he had expected.  Prayers are answered.  This discussion was a night and day difference from just weeks before.  There was hope in his voice and he was impressed how well I had come back out of the "valley" as he called it.  My white blood cells bounced back and he was pleased with how my body was reacting.  As we went into this next treatment we felt a little more prepared.  I have been assigned an SOS team for pain management, which has helped.  We were armed with a better understanding on how to manage things. 

The recovery from the second treatment has also been a hard one. The day after the treatment I went back in for a shot that is suppose to help give me a boost and help my white blood cells recover quicker. I have also been retaining a lot of liquid in my legs and abdomen.  This is due to my liver not being able to process the fluids the way it should.  I was sent to a lymphedema doctor.  I am now sporting some compression bands on my left leg to push the fluid out of my legs. We are dong one leg at a time.  Hoping to soon move to the right leg in the next few weeks.  I was also able to get a paracentesis to drain the fluid from my abdomen.  Which provided much needed relief.  Hoping to get in soon to get another one of these done.  

We had a great Christmas.  It was calm and quiet. We had family parties virtually.  It was good to see the faces of those we love, but can't see in person.  The blessing of technology. We had many angels that dropped off treats and gifts.  We really are surround by an army of angels that have touched our hearts and lifted our spirits.  It is truly overwhelming. 

This past Wednesday I went in for my 3rd treatment.  We met with Dr. Grossman again before the treatment and again he was happy with how things look.  You could see the smile behind the mask. It is reassuring to see and hear the optimism.  Hoping this treatment will have a quick smooth recovery.  My next treatment will not be again until the end of January.  Hoping that gives me some time to feel good.  

Thank you everyone for your love, prayers and support.  We have the most amazing people surrounding and lifting us up.  We love you each.












5 comments:

  1. We love you and your family. Hope you feel love and comfort and I want you to know I keep you and your family on Temple Prayer rolls and also add nurses and doctors on the rolls too. Keep up the fight, keep the faith and know how strong you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so happy you all had a good Christmas. Love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete