Saturday, November 21, 2020

Abrupt Change

I write this post from the hospital where I started my first round of chemo yesterday.  My liver blood counts were just getting too bad so they wanted to get me started on it immediately.  It all happened so fast.  We went to the Dr for a normal checkup and he wanted me on chemo now.  The problem was that there were no appointments within a couple weeks to get me the treatment and he wanted to start now.  So he devised a plan and pulled some strings to get me admitted to the hospital so we could get started immediately.  So I have been in the hospital since Thursday.  The miracle he worked was the fact that there were 15 people waiting to be admitted to the hospital and only 2 beds available (we have all heard about the hospital bed shortage, well it’s real).  I was 1 of 15 people who got a bed that day.  The chemo treatments will be every 3 weeks and this will be the only stay in the hospital unless other issues come up.  The stay has been pretty uneventful and boring.  Visitors can only come up for 4-8 pm (including my wife) and only 2 people can be on that list.  This morning as soon as the doctor makes his rounds I should be going home.  

In my last post I hadn’t been feeling well.  That has continued for the most part over the last couple of months as well.  Okay I’m the mornings and into mid afternoon and nights have mostly been pretty tough.

#cacnersucks

#fightlikehell

P.S. Take a look at that amazing, luscious hair.  Enjoy it now cause it will all be gone in a couple of weeks.  At least no more shaving or manscaping for me for a while!




3 comments:

  1. Continually praying for you Josh. I am glad you were able to get in and started so quickly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there brother, my family prays for you often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Josh, You were kind enough to give me a valuable tip on LI and I just looked you up to send you another note. And I found you here. I love your writing (Pls Advise is brilliant and fun!) I look forward to hearing good news about you, Josh. Sending healing vibes from Kansas City.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete