Sunday, May 5, 2019

TACE Treatment

Is seems to have been a while since I have given an update.  Life has been hectic with spring sports schedules and other things going on.  Last time I posted I was about to go in for a TACE treatment.  That procedure seemed to go well.  What they did was went in with a catheter to one of my veins that led to the liver.  Once at the liver they followed a being to several of the tumors in one section of my liver.  They injected some medicine into the tumors and then blocked the blood supply to those tumors.  It took about a week or so to recover and was in the hospital overnight.  This coming Wednesday I am having another procedure done.  This time they are going to do something called ablasion.  They are going to do this in my lung.  Basically they are going to burn the tumors that are currently in my lungs.  Kind of like what you would do with a wart.  The side effect is a possible collapsed lung which they have a simple remedy for I guess.  Then on Thursday they are going to do another TACE treatment on the other section of my liver.  I will be up at Huntsman from Wednesday to Friday.  That's a quick update on me.

Madi had her ACL reconstructed a couple of weeks ago.  She is recovering well and has been in good spirits for the most part.  We go back to see her Dr. on Tuesday to discuss the next steps.

The rest are doing great, busy with spring sports activities, mainly soccer and baseball.  Jen is busy taking care of all of us.  Being the strong person in our family that holds us all together and makes us tickets.  We'd be lost without her.  Until next time.

#cancersucks #fightlikehell

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Josh! You are such a fighter! Thank you for the update (please don't wait so long till the next one😊). We love and pray for you daily. Give Jen a big hug from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear they have all these ways of trying to rid your body of the tumors. I pray you recover easy from it all! You and the cute fam is in our thoughts & prayers! We miss the heck out of y’all!!!

    ReplyDelete